Defence and Aerospace Industries
ISC has been engaged on many defence related projects, both for surface ships and submarine, as well as working in control for avionics systems and land vehicles. Our latest developments are looking at control for Unmanned Vehicles. (Download capability sheet)
We are usually engaged to provide technical support for early stage feasibility studies for large defence companies like BAE Systems, Rolls-Royce or QinetiQ. However, we do from time-to-time undertake troubleshooting problems for in-service or near-service control systems that are proving problematic.
We have skilled permanent UK National staff to undertake this work.
- Control Loop Investigation and Recommendations for HMS Astute ISC were engaged to investigate a specific control loop on HMS Astute, reviewing current performance and making recommendations for improvements. A simple, but sufficient math model was built to demonstrate the proposed changes ahead of commissioning.
- Nonlinear Compensation for Sensors - A bespoke algorithm was developed and analysed for the online compensation of sensor nonlinearities. As well as accuracy and computational burden, data diversity issues were paramount in this safety critical application.
- Combat Aircraft CD-ROM control - Improved head positioning control needed to counteract disturbances due to high accelerations. A Quantitative Feedback Theory (QFT) approach was proposed.
News and Events
- Training Course: Control Fundamentals, 6th - 8th June 2017, Glasgow
- Training Course: Optimisation and Genetic Algorithms, 5th & 6th July 2017, Glasgow
- Training Course: Modelling, Identification and Estimation, 19th & 20th September 2017, Glasgow
- Training Course: Linear and Nonlinear Predictive Control, 28th & 29th November 2017, Glasgow
We can adapt individual courses to suit your company's industry/business. (Examples)
Looking for control improvement?